How to make a claim

You will need to have the following information available to make a claim with QLeave:

  • your QLeave membership number
  • your name, date of birth and current postal address
  • the type of claim you wish to make (refer to the Long service leave claims page)
  • the name of your current/last employer

You can contact QLeave to have a Worker Claim form posted to you via:
  • email providing the above information
  • phone 1800 675 819 with the above information

Minimum days per claim

For a 10 year service claim, the minimum amount of long service leave you can take at any one time is five (5) days. For a Leaving the Industry claim, you will be paid your full leave entitlement and your membership will be cancelled.

Tax File Number

All long service leave payments are assessable for income tax, so QLeave is required to deduct tax from your long service leave payment. In Section 5 "Tax Details", please provide your Tax File Number and flag "Yes" or "No" to claiming the Tax Free Threshold. Your claim will be taxed at 49% if you do not provide your Tax File Number.

Supporting Evidence for Proof

For a Leaving the Industry claim to be processed, QLeave requires a copy of your separation certificate and/or a copy of your last payslip detailing leave payments.

Proof of identity for claiming

Please include a copy of your driver's licence, or other photographic identification, with your claim.


Payment will be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) to your nominated financial institution. Please enter your bank account details on the claim form.

Please note: Failure to supply the required information will delay processing of your claim.


Last modified: April 2017