Long service leave claims

Please note, workers can not be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period.

There are three types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:

1. 10 year long service leave claim
  • this claim can be made after 10 years of service (2,200 service credits)
  • provides registered workers with 8.67 weeks of paid leave
  • a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is the final claim for a worker

2. Permanently leaving the industry claim
  • can be made by workers who have permanently stopped working in the building and construction industry
  • workers must be registered with QLeave (or an interstate scheme) for seven years and have accrued at least 1,155 service credits
  • please note – workers who make a permanently leaving the industry claim will have their membership cancelled

3. Personal representative claim
  • an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists)

    Last modified: February 2017