Contract cleaning work
Cleaning Work is work performed in Queensland that has, as its main or only function, the bringing of premises or public open spaces into, or keeping of premises or public open spaces in, a clean condition.
It relates to cleaning work performed in commercial and domestic premises including houses and buildings.
Premises do not include:
An example of a public open space is South Bank Parklands.
- swimming pools
- the grounds surrounding a building, a house or a swimming pool
- planes, trains, boats or vehicles.
Cleaning Work does not include:
- work that is the cleaning of a swimming pool or the grounds surrounding the swimming pool
- work that is the removal of waste from commercial waste receptacles from premises or public open spaces
- work that is bringing grounds surrounding a building or house into, or keeping the grounds in, a clean condition
- work of a gardening nature, including the removal or alteration of vegetation.
Refer to the Contract Cleaning Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 2005
for a full definition of cleaning work.
Last modified: July 2016