Workers covered by the Scheme
Eligible workers include tradespersons, trades assistants and labourers who perform building and construction work in Queensland and who are engaged:
Some company directors who perform building and construction work may also be eligible to join QLeave.
Employers who engage eligible workers must register with QLeave.
- as a trainee or apprentice
- as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
- as a sole trader subcontractor (providing substantially labour only)
- as a foreperson or sub-foreperson (performing building and supervision work)
- by a labour hire company.
Some workers performing building and construction work are not eligible to join QLeave. You can view a list of these workers by clicking here. If you engage only workers that are not eligible to join QLeave, you are not required to register with the Scheme.
Last modified: March 2013