From 1 January 2021, all employers in Queensland's community services industry must register with the portable long service leave scheme. Use the tool below to self assess whether you need to register your worker/s with QLeave.

Before you start:

  • Check the list of eligible community services covered by the scheme below.
  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community services
  • accommodation support services
  • advocacy services
  • alcohol and other drug services
  • child safety and support services
  • community development services
  • community education services
  • offenders transitioning services
  • social housing services
  • youth justice services
  • community legal services
  • counselling services
  • disability emergency response services
  • disability support services
  • employment services
  • family and domestic violence services
  • family day care services
  • respite services
  • violence prevention services
  • youth support services
  • financial counselling services
  • foster care and out-of-home care services
  • home and community care services
  • homelessness support services
  • lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex services
  • mental health services
  • migrant and multicultural support services
  • seniors community support services
  • women’s services

I have confirmed that my organisation is eligible to register as an employer Please refer to the list of eligible community services above, orĀ click here to check your eligibility.
Click here to check your eligibility
Does your worker perform eligible community services work? Please note, the aged care, child care or early childhood education industries are not eligible community services. Stand-alone residential aged care, primary health care and child care are not in the scheme.

However, aged care or child care workers whose work supports the employer to provide community services are delivering eligible community services. For example, childcare workers in a neighbourhood community centre are delivering eligible community services.
Does your worker support, supervise or manage the provision of eligible community services? QLeave does not decide if a worker supports, supervises, or manages the provision of community services. This is the decision of an employer.
Please note, you will be required to report quarterly and pay the QLeave levy for all registered workers.