Can I get long service leave?

Who is eligible?

Workers in Queensland’s community services industry who:

  • are employed by an employer providing community services, and
  • perform community services work, or
  • support, supervise or manage the provision of community services.

This includes workers who:

  • are engaged as a full-time, part-time or casual employee
  • are engaged under a contract for service, including labour hire workers
  • operate as a sole trader
  • work for both for-profit and not-for-profit organisations.

Who is not eligible?

Some community services workers are not eligible to join QLeave.

These include:

  • federal, state and local government workers
  • workers engaged to perform work unrelated to the purpose of providing community services
  • workers in standalone childcare and early childhood education centres, kindergartens and school-based childcare services
  • workers employed in a nursing home or retirement village operated by a standalone aged care provider or service.

Register with QLeave

If you're eligible to join QLeave you will be registered by your employer when they submit an employer return to QLeave.

QLeave will confirm your registration and advise you of your registration number. Provide this number to your employer to ensure that your work is recorded on your registration.