Missing work history

It’s important that you check your annual long service leave statement carefully to make sure all the work you've performed has been recorded correctly. If you’re missing service, you may miss out on a long service leave entitlement.

It's your employer's responsibility to report your service to QLeave at the end of each financial year. This is a legislative requirement, so if your service isn't up-to-date you need to speak to your employer and ask them to add your missing service for you.

How can my employer update my service?

Your employer can login to QLeave online services to add your missing service. There's instructions available here to help your employer submit an outstanding worker service return. If they need to update your service for the current financial year, we also have instructions for this available here.

Alternatively, your employer can contact us for help updating your service.

If your employer refuses to update your service, you can also lodge a complaint with QLeave. We will follow up complaints and take appropriate compliance action where necessary.