Types of claims

There are two types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:

Long service leave claim

  • this claim can be made when you have seven years of service recorded with QLeave (2,555 service credits)
  • provides you with 6.1 weeks of paid leave
  • you must not be working during the claim period
  • a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is your final claim.

Personal representative claim

  • an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists).

Click here for information on how to make a claim.

Please note: Workers cannot be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period