Types of claims
There are two types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:
Long service leave claim
- this claim can be made when you have seven years of service recorded with QLeave (2,555 service credits)
- provides you with 6.1 weeks of paid leave
- you must not be working during the claim period
- a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is your final claim.
Personal representative claim
- an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists).
Click here for information on how to make a claim.
Please note: Workers cannot be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period