Missing work history

It’s important that you check your annual long service leave statement carefully to make sure the work you’ve performed is recorded correctly. If you’re missing service, you may miss out on a long service leave entitlement.

It's your employer's responsibility to report your service to QLeave each quarter. This is a legislative requirement, so if your service isn't up-to-date you need to speak to your employer and ask them to add your missing service for you. You can find out here if  you are eligible to be registered.

It is important to note that any service prior to 1 January 2021 cannot be added to your QLeave registration.

How can my employer update my service?

Your employer can login to the online portal to add your missing service. There's instructions available here that they can use to submit an outstanding return.

Alternatively, your employer can contact us for help updating your service.

If your employer refuses to update your service, you can lodge a complaint with QLeave. We will follow up complaints and take appropriate compliance action where necessary. To lodge a complaint you will need your employer's ABN, which you can find on your payslip, by speaking with your employer directly, or by using the ABN Lookup website.