Missing work history

It’s important that you check your annual long service leave statement carefully to make sure the work you’ve performed is recorded correctly. If you’re missing service, you may miss out on a long service leave entitlement.

It's your employer's responsibility to report your service to QLeave each quarter. This is a legislative requirement, so if your service isn't up-to-date you need to speak to your employer and ask them to add your missing service for you

How can my employer update my service?

Your employer can login to the online portal to add your missing service. There's instructions available here that they can use to submit an outstanding return.

Alternatively, your employer can complete the employer missing service form and return it to services@qleave.qld.gov.au. Please note, it'll take longer for your record to be updated if your employer uses this form.

If your employer refuses to complete a missing service form, you can also lodge a complaint with QLeave. We will follow up complaints and take appropriate compliance action where necessary.