I want to...

Claiming long service leave

How to make a claim

To make a claim, please click here to open the Worker Claim form. You can type directly on the form and submit by clicking the 'lodge your long service leave' button at the end of the form.

You’ll need to have the following information available to claim with QLeave:

*             your QLeave membership number

*             your name, date of birth and current postal address

*             the type of claim you wish to make (refer to the Long service leave claims page)

*             the name of your current/last employer

You can also contact us to have a Worker Claim form posted to you via:

*             email cci@qleave.qld.gov.au providing the above information

*             phone 1300 QLEAVE (1300 753 283) with the above information

Minimum days per claim

For a 10-year service claim, the minimum amount of long service leave you can take at any one time is 5 days. For a Leaving the Industry claim, you’ll be paid your full leave entitlement, and we’ll cancel your membership.

Tax File Number

All long service leave payments are assessable for income tax, so QLeave is required to deduct tax from your long service leave payment. In Section 5 "Tax Details", please provide your Tax File Number and flag "Yes" or "No" to claiming the Tax-Free Threshold. Your claim will be taxed at 49% if you don’t provide your Tax File Number.

Supporting evidence for proof

For a Leaving the Industry claim to be processed, we require a copy of your separation certificate and/or a copy of your last payslip detailing leave payments.

Proof of identity for claiming

Please include a copy of your driver's licence, or other photographic identification, with your claim.


We’ll pay by electronic funds transfer (EFT) to your nominated financial institution. Please enter your bank account details on the claim form.

Please note: Failure to supply the required information will delay the processing of your claim.