Can I get long service leave?
Who is eligible?
Eligible workers include cleaners and supervisors (who perform cleaning and supervision work) in Queensland and who are engaged:
- as a trainee
- as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
- as a sole trader subcontractor
- by a labour hire company.
If you're eligible, you can join QLeave by clicking here to complete a Worker Membership Application form. You may also be registered when your employer submits their quarterly Employer Return.
Who is not eligible?
Some workers performing contract cleaning work are not eligible to join QLeave.
- people operating as a partner in a partnership
- trustees of a trust
- company directors
- federal, state and local government workers
- individuals for whom a personal services business determination is in effect for the individual performing the work under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cwlth), Section 87-60.
Other workers in the contract cleaning industry that are not eligible to join QLeave are:
- professional and managerial staff
- clerical staff.
Become a member
If you're eligible, you can join QLeave by completing a Worker Membership Application form.
You can also be registered by your employer if they forward an Employer Return for your eligible work to QLeave.
It's free for workers to register with us. Employers pay a levy to QLeave which we invest. The accumulated funds are used to pay your long service leave.
QLeave will confirm your registration and advise your registration number. Provide this number to your employer to ensure that your work is recorded on your membership.