Can I get long service leave?
Who is eligible?
Eligible workers include cleaners and supervisors (who perform cleaning and supervision work) in Queensland and who are engaged:
- as a trainee
- as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
- as a sole trader subcontractor
- by a labour hire company.
Who is not eligible?
Some workers performing contract cleaning work are not eligible to join QLeave.
- people operating as a partner in a partnership
- trustees of a trust
- company directors
- federal, state and local government workers
- individuals for whom a personal services business determination is in effect for the individual performing the work under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cwlth), Section 87-60.
Other workers in the contract cleaning industry that are not eligible to join QLeave are:
- professional and managerial staff
- clerical staff.
Create a registration with us
If you're eligible to join QLeave you will be registered by your employer when they submit an employer return.
It's free for workers to register with us. Employers pay a levy to QLeave which we invest. The accumulated funds are used to pay your long service leave.
QLeave will confirm your registration and advise you of your unique worker number. Provide this number to your employer to ensure that your work is recorded on your registration.