Claiming long service leave
Types of claims
There are three types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:
10-year long service leave claim
- this claim can be made after 10 years of service (3,650 service credits)
- provides registered workers with 8.67 weeks of paid leave
- a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is the final claim for a worker.
Permanently leaving the industry claim
- can be made by workers who have permanently stopped working in the contract cleaning industry
- workers must have accrued 2,555 service credits or more.
Please note: Workers who make a permanently leaving the industry claim will have their membership cancelled. If the worker returns to the contract cleaning industry after making a leaving the industry claim they will have to start building service credits from zero.
Personal representative claim
- an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists).
Please note: Workers cannot be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period.
Single Touch Payroll (STP) exemption
QLeave is exempt from reporting long service leave claims paid to workers through Single Touch Payroll (STP) until the end of the 2020-21 financial year. We have requested an extension of this exemption until 30 June 2022.
When your long service leave claim is paid, we’ll provide you with a PAYG payment summary for tax purposes instead of reporting through STP.