Claiming long service leave
Types of claims
There are three types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:
10-year long service leave claim
- this claim can be made after 10 years of service (3,650 service credits)
- provides registered workers with 8.67 weeks of paid leave
- a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is the final claim for a worker.
Permanently leaving the industry claim
- can be made by workers who have permanently stopped working in the contract cleaning industry
- workers must have accrued 2,555 service credits or more.
Please note: Workers who make a permanently leaving the industry claim will have their membership cancelled. If the worker returns to the contract cleaning industry after making a leaving the industry claim they will have to start building service credits from zero.
Personal representative claim
- an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists).
Please note: Workers cannot be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period.