Claiming long service leave

Types of claims

There are three types of claims that are available for registered workers who meet the criteria, including:

10-year long service leave claim

  • this claim can be made after 10 years of service (3,650 service credits)
  • provides you with 8.67 weeks of paid long service leave
  • you must not be working during the claim period
  • a minimum of five days leave applies per claim unless it is your final claim.

Permanently leaving the industry claim

  • can be made if you have permanently stopped working in the contract cleaning industry
  • you must have accrued 2,555 service credits or more
  • your registration will be cancelled if you make this type of claim. If you return to the contract cleaning industry after making a leaving the industry claim you will have to start building service credits again from zero.

Personal representative claim

  • an authorised representative may make a long service leave claim for a deceased worker (if one of the above entitlements exists).

Click here for information on how to make a claim.

Please note: Workers cannot be paid by both QLeave and their employers for the same long service leave period.

Single Touch Payroll (STP)

When your long service leave claim is paid, it will be reported through Single Touch Payroll (STP) to the Australian Tax Office. This means you won't receive a PAYG payment summary when your claim is paid, but you can check these details by logging in to your MyGov account.

Find out more.