Register a worker

Employers are required to advise QLeave as soon as possible when:

  • starting a new worker
  • terminating a worker

You can also update service in the current financial year for a worker online. Find out more.

Eligible workers include tradespersons, trades assistants and labourers who perform building and construction work in Queensland and who are engaged in specific types of employment.  You will find a list of who and what is covered by the Scheme here.

What you need to do

Log in to online services to start a worker. Once you've logged in, you have two options to start a new worker. You can either add the worker directly within online services or bulk import a spreadsheet to add multiple workers at once.

Click here for instructions to start or terminate a worker.

Click here for instructions to start new workers by bulk importing a spreadsheet.