Change work details
Changes to the cost of work
As levies are payable in advance, we may need to base your initial levy payment on an estimate.
If the cost of work changes between when you first notify the work and when the project is completed, you must let us know. Any changes to the cost of work may mean that you need to pay additional levies or that you could be eligible for a refund.
How to notify us of changes to the cost of work
If the cost of work has decreased by $20,000 or more, has dropped below $150,000, or the work isn't commencing and won't commence in the future:
- you may be able to receive a partial or full refund
- click here to complete the levy refund application
If the cost of work has increased by $20,000 or more:
- you will need to pay additional levies on the increased cost of work notified to QLeave
- click here to complete the changes to building and construction or personal details form
If the cost of work has increased by $50,000 or more:
- the person for whom the work was done must notify us of the total final cost within 30 days after the work ends and pay additional levies
- failure to do so may result in penalties
- click here to complete the finalisation form
You can also let us know about changes to the cost of work by emailing email@example.com with all the relevant details. Please be aware that time limits apply.