Steps to submit your spreadsheet worker service return
You can submit your worker service return to QLeave in two ways. They are:
- entering data directly into online services
- bulk importing a spreadsheet into online services
This guide shows you how to submit your return via spreadsheet. Click here for instructions to do it by entering data directly into your return in online services.
If you didn't engage any eligible workers during this financial year, you will need to complete a Nil Return. Click here for instructions.
- five (5) days per week (between the start and finish dates in the relevant financial year)
- 220 days per year (this number of days will be calculated automatically when you select full time on worker service return)
- part time or casual
- not inclusive of overtime.
Part time is:
- less than five (5) days per week (between the start and finish dates)
- an eligible subcontractor (count the total number of hours worked and divide by 7.6 hours to calculate the number of days service).
TERMINATION END DATE
Termination End Date is:
- the date you stopped engaging the work
- the date the worker stopped performing eligible building and construction work in Queensland (if they are still engaged by you, but not performing work that is eligible for QLeave).
SUBMITTING A NIL RETURN
If you didn’t engage any eligible workers during the financial year, you will need to complete a Nil Return. Click here for instructions to do this.
1. Go to QLeave online services.
For help starting a new worker, including information about starting multiple workers, please read the instructions here.
5. Once you're in the service returns tab, make sure that you have the correct business selected. In the Outstanding service returns tab, you'll see a list of your outstanding returns, by financial year. You can also view your completed returns by clicking the View completed returns button.
5. To start your return, click Complete service return.
1. Once you've opened the return, click download bulk return. This will download a spreadsheet with a list of all your workers.
2. Save this spreadsheet to your computer. Please save the spreadsheet with a file extension of .xls or .xlsx to ensure the file can be imported into QLeave online services.
3. Once you've saved the spreadsheet, open the file to start adding details.
Note: please don't make any changes to the format of the spreadsheet (e.g. deleting or changing the order of columns). If you change the format of the spreadsheet, the file may not be accepted when you import it into online services.
- These columns are pre-filled with each of your worker's details, including their Worker Registration ID, name and a status. These cells are locked and you can't make any changes to the contents. If you try to make changes, you will receive a warning message in Excel advising that changes can't be made.
- Work type (column E): this column is pre-filled based on the information you've previously supplied for this worker. If their work type has changed, you can update it by clicking the down arrow in the cell and selecting the appropriate work type from the list.
- Work classification (column F): this column is pre-filled based on the information you've previously supplied for this worker. If their work classification has changed, you can update it by clicking the down arrow in the cell and selecting their new work classifcation. Click here for a full list of work classifications.
- Start date (column G): this column is pre-filled based on the start date previously supplied for the worker. This cell is locked and you can't make changes to the contents.
- Full time (column H): if the worker was full time throughout the financial year, select Yes. If the worker was part time or casual, select No.
- Days worked (column I): if you selected no to full time (column H), enter the number of days worked during the financial year. Please note, you can only enter a maximum of 220 days. If the worker was full time, leave this cell blank.
- Terminated (column J): if the worker finished working with you during the financial year, select Yes. If they're still working with you, select No.
- End date (column K): if you selected yes to say the worker was terminated (column J), enter the date they finished working with you in this cell. Dates must be entered as DD-MM-YYYY.
- No eligible work performed (column L): if the worker is still employed by you but didn't perform any eligible work during the financial year, select Yes. Otherwise, you can leave this cell as it is.
- Once you’ve completed the spreadsheet, save it again to your computer. Go back to online services and open your service return for the current financial year again. Click the down arrow next to the bulk import button and select import a bulk return.
- Click import files and browse your computer to find your completed spreadsheet.
- If there’s no errors, all of your workers will display under ready to import. The number next to this heading refers to the number of workers with no errors in the spreadsheet. Check these details are correct and if no changes are required, click save. If you need to make changes to any of the fields, you can do this by clicking into the field and entering the correct information.
- If there’s errors for any workers, a number will appear next to the errors tab. Click errors to review these.
- The fields where there’s an error will be highlighted in red.
- Enter the required details directly into these fields and click validate (you don’t need to complete the spreadsheet again). If there’s no more errors present, these workers will now move into the 'ready for import' tab.
- Once all your workers are in the 'ready for import' tab, click save. The save button will now be replaced with Submit.
- To submit your return, click the down arrow next to the submit button and select submit all workers.
- Complete the declaration and click continue to submit your return to QLeave.
Your return will now appear in the complete tab under service returns. This means QLeave has received your return and will add service to your worker's records. If we have any questions, we'll contact you.
If your annual returns are up-to-date, you can also update service for your workers in the current financial year online. Click here for instructions.