Who and what is covered?
Who is eligible?
- cleaners, and
- supervisors (who perform cleaning and supervision work).
Who are engaged:
- as a trainee
- as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
- as a sole trader subcontractor
- by a labour hire company.
Employers who engage eligible workers must register with QLeave.
Who is not eligible?
Some workers performing contract cleaning work are not eligible to join QLeave.
- people operating as a partner in a partnership
- trustees of a trust
- company directors
- federal, state and local government workers
- individuals for whom a personal services business determination is in effect for the individual performing the work under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cwlth), Section 87-60.
Other workers that are involved in the contract cleaning industry that are not eligible to join QLeave are:
- professional and managerial staff
- clerical staff.
If you engage only workers that are not eligible to join QLeave, you're not required to register with the Scheme.