Who and what is covered?
Who is eligible?
- cleaners, and
- supervisors (who perform cleaning and supervision work).
Who are engaged:
- as a trainee
- as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
- as a sole trader subcontractor
- by a labour hire company.
Who is not eligible?
Some workers performing contract cleaning work are not eligible to join QLeave.
- people operating as a partner in a partnership
- trustees of a trust
- company directors
- federal, state and local government workers
- individuals who are paid to achieve a stated result or outcome and supply all, or substantially all, of the plant and equipment or tools of the trade needed to perform the work and are, or would be liable for the cost of fixing a fault with the work performed
- individuals for whom a personal services business determination is in effect for the individual performing the work under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (Cwlth), Section 87-60.
Other workers that are involved in the contract cleaning industry that are not eligible to join QLeave are:
- professional and managerial staff
- clerical staff.
If you engage only workers that are not eligible to join QLeave, you're not required to register with the Scheme.