Claim back long service leave payments

The portable long service leave scheme doesn't replace your obligation to pay long service leave to your workers under their industrial instrument. If you pay long service leave to any of your workers, you may be able to claim reimbursement for some, or all, of the payment you make to the worker.

What you need to know

Reimbursement can only be claimed for service recorded with QLeave since the scheme started on 1 January 2021.

You must apply for reimbursement within three months of the day you paid long service leave to the worker. We'll calculate the payment in accordance with the legislation and base it on the wages you've declared for the worker.

To ensure you receive the maximum amount reimbursed, you need to include an employer return detailing service in the most recent quarter and the levy payment for the worker up to the date of leave, especially if the worker is retiring or resigning from the company.

How to claim reimbursement for long service leave paid to a worker

You can apply for reimbursement by completing the reimbursement request form in the QLeave employer portal. To complete the form, click here to log in. Once you've logged in, click 'I want to' on the left hand menu and select Reimbursement Request Form from the options in the drop-down.

Alternatively, you can complete the employer claim form and return it to

For us to process your application, you need to provide proof that you made the long service leave payment to the worker. Please include a copy of the payslip indicating long service leave paid, or an extract from your payroll system confirming payment when you submit your claim form.

Contact us if you need help completing the form.