My registration

Registering with QLeave

If you're eligible, your employer will register you with QLeave when they submit a worker service return at the end of the financial year.

We'll send you an email or letter welcoming you to the scheme once you're registered. In your welcome letter, you'll be given a QLeave worker number and information about how to log into QLeave online services, where you can update your details and check your service record.

Once you've received your QLeave worker number, please keep a record of it so you can give it to any new employers you start with. This will ensure all your eligible service is added to one registration. If you receive a welcome letter but believe you're already registered with QLeave, please contact us and we'll merge any duplicate registrations you may have.

Am I eligible to register with QLeave?

You can register with QLeave if you're a tradesperson, trades assistant or labourer who performs building and construction work in Queensland and you're engaged:

  • as a trainee or apprentice
  • as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
  • as a sole trader subcontractor (providing substantially labour only)
  • as a foreperson or sub-foreperson (performing building and supervision work)
  • by a labour hire company.

If you're a company director who performs building and construction work you may also be eligible to join QLeave.

Some workers performing building and construction work aren't eligible to join QLeave. You can view a list of these workers by clicking here.

Can I self-register with QLeave?

If you haven't been registered by your employer, you can apply to register online. To register yourself, you will need to first sign up to online services and then register as a worker.

Alternatively, contact us if you would like to complete a paper registration form. Please be aware that it may take longer for your application to be processed if you complete a paper form.

Can my registration be backdated?

Your registration may be backdated up to two financial years prior to the date you were first registered with the scheme if you were performing eligible work during this time.

More information

Worker registrations are covered under s.3AA and s.38 of the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991.