Claim long service leave

Claim interstate work

Portable long service schemes for the building and construction industry exist in all states and territories in Australia. All schemes have entered into a national reciprocal agreement, meaning service you record interstate may be recognised and included when calculating your eligibility for a long service leave claim.

Any interstate service used will be calculated in accordance with the policies of the relevant scheme.

When you make a claim, you must submit it with the state or territory where you've recorded your most recent 60 days of service. For example, if your most recent service was recorded in Queensland, you would claim through us and then provide details about your interstate service when you submit the claim.

You must take a minimum of five days' leave if you're making a taking leave claim, meaning you will need to have at least five days of long service leave entitlement available in Queensland or with an interstate scheme.

Please contact the other state or territory directly if you have any questions concerning the calculation of payments in an interstate scheme.