Steps to submit your annual worker service return
Click here to see the steps in an easy to follow video guide.
You can submit your annual worker service return to QLeave in two ways. They are:
- entering data directly into online services
- bulk importing a spreadsheet into online services
This guide shows you how to submit your annual return by entering data directly into online services. Click here for instructions to do it via a spreadsheet.
If you didn’t engage any eligible workers during this financial year, you will need to complete a Nil Return. Click here for instructions.
ONLINE SERVICES WILL TIME OUT AFTER 20 MINUTES OF INACTIVITY
Please note, our online services will time out after 20 minutes if you are not actively using it. If this happens, it will log you out and you will lose any data you’ve entered.
To prevent this from happening, do not leave it inactive for longer than 15 minutes and make sure you keep clicking Save to save your data.
PAGES IN SERVICE RETURN SCREEN
Please note, a maximum of 10 workers are displayed on each page of your service return.
If you have more than 10 workers, your return will include multiple pages. Use the page numbers at the bottom of the screen to click through all pages to ensure you complete the service information for all workers on your list.
PARTIAL RETURN SUBMISSION
You are able to do a partial return submission if you have entered service information for some workers but not others. You can save and come back to finish your return later if you want. If you do this, remember to complete the service information for your remaining workers to submit the return before 31 July.
- five (5) days per week (between the start and finish dates in the relevant financial year)
- 220 days per year (this number of days will be calculated automatically when you select full time on worker service return)
- part time or casual
- not inclusive of overtime.
Part time is:
- less than five (5) days per week (between the start and finish dates)
- an eligible subcontractor (count the total number of hours worked and divide by 7.6 hours to calculate the number of days service).
TERMINATION END DATE
Termination End Date is:
- the date you stopped engaging the work
- the date the worker stopped performing eligible building and construction work in Queensland (if they are still engaged by you, but not performing work that is eligible for QLeave).
SUBMITTING A NIL RETURN
If you didn't engage any eligible workers during the financial year, you will need to submit a nil return to QLeave. Click here to find out how to submit a nil return.
1. Go to QLeave online services.
For help starting a new worker, please click here to read the instructions.
- If you're completing your annual return, select the most recent financial year's return and add service for all of your workers, and terminate workers who finished with you during the year.
- If you need to complete a return for a past financial year, or add service for a worker you missed in a past return (for example, a worker asks you to add service that's missing from their record from two or three years ago), select the relevant year from the list of outstanding returns. Please check both the Outstanding and Complete tab if you can't see the return you need to submit immediately.
Once you open the past return, any workers you didn't submit service for previously will have a status of not submitted, while workers you've already recorded service for will have a status of submitted. You only need to add service for workers who have a status of not submitted.
1. You may receive the pop-up reminder below when you open your return. If you need to add workers, click the blue 'add your new workers here' link and you'll be redirected to the workers tab where you can start any new workers. Click here for instructions to start new workers.
If you don’t need to add new workers, click Continue to start your return.
2. A list of all your workers will appear on the Service Return screen.
The top section displays your selected business, Service Return period, Status, Service Period Start date and Service Period End date.
The bottom section displays your worker details, including each Worker’s Registration ID and Name. These details are pre-filled based on the information you provided when they started. When you first start the return, all your workers will have a Status of ‘Not Submitted’.
3. In the next column, click the orange checkbox if the worker is Full Time
4. If the worker was employed on a part time or casual basis, leave the orange checkbox unticked and enter the number of days worked by the worker in the Days Worked column.
5. If a full time worker has ceased employment with you during the financial year, click the orange checkbox in Full Time and Terminated columns and enter their last day worked in the End Date column.
6. If a part time or casual worker has ceased employment with you, enter the number of days they’ve worked in the Days Worked column, click the orange checkbox in the Terminated column and enter their last day worked in the End Date column.
7. Once you have entered information in the data fields for your workers, click Save
Please note, a maximum of 10 workers are displayed on each page of the return. If you have more than 10 workers, you will need to click through each page to complete the information for all workers on your list.
8. If there’s any errors on your return, you’ll receive the below message.
Go through the table and find the fields highlighted in red, fix the errors and click Save again.
1. Once you’ve completed all worker information and are ready to submit your service return, click the top left checkbox (next to Worker Registration Id) to select all workers.
2. The save button will now change to Submit. Click the down arrow next to the Submit button and select Submit All Workers.
- When submitting your return, please only click the submit button once. If you double-click the submit button, it may result in duplicate records being submitted.
3. Complete the declaration and click Continue to submit your return to QLeave.
Your return will now appear in the Complete tab under service returns. This means QLeave has received your return. If we have any questions, we'll contact you.
If your annual returns are up-to-date, you can also update service for your workers in the current financial year online. Click here for instructions.